The Membership and Events Director supports the exciting growth of Downtown Missoula and the Downtown Missoula Partnership, a comprehensive place management organization that is dedicated to leading and nurturing a vibrant Downtown community, where people are inspired to live, work and play. With exceptional leadership by the staff and board members of the DMP, Downtown Missoula is an award-winning healthy, thriving, beautiful city center and the envy of many cities across the country. This position is a unique opportunity for a highly-skilled, team-oriented professional to contribute to strengthening Downtown Missoula’s business climate by connecting with local businesses and fostering partnerships that help the community thrive and ensure the economic vitality of the Downtown business district.
We seek a results-driven, creative problem-solver motivated by a desire to make a real difference in our community. We need a person who prioritizes people and relationships and enjoys high levels of stakeholder engagement and working in an environment of collaboration and innovation. As the point person for current and prospective members of the Missoula Downtown Association, the ideal candidate will engage many groups, colleagues, and professionals from various industry sectors.
Benefits & Pay Range
Salary range is $40,000-$42,000 commensurate with experience and dependent on qualifications. This is a full time position that offers the following benefits package:
- Health Insurance Stipend
- Earned paid time off
- Dedicated Downtown Parking
- SIMPLE IRA Retirement Plan
The Downtown Missoula Partnership supports a flexible work schedule environment.
The position includes the following duties:
- Direct membership recruitment and retention and coordinate all membership events and programs
- Oversee development, planning and implementation of the MDA community events
- Oversee all membership communications, including written and electronic communications and publications
- Assist with event(s) promotions and marketing
- Represent the Partnership at community events and meetings as needed
- Assist with covering frontline services as needed
- Other duties as needed
What you need to be successful:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications or related field is required
- Ability to coordinate and manage events
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated professionalism and ability to interact with people
- Proven time management and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to take initiative, work autonomously, and start and finish specified projects
- Mature level of responsibility and dependability
- Desire to serve others and the community as a whole
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs, Adobe InDesign, and website management programs preferred
We welcome the opportunity to meet with candidates interested in joining our team. Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter, resume and three references to Linda McCarthy, Executive Director, via email at [email protected] or by mail to 218 E. Main, Missoula, MT 59802.
The position will remain open until filled, with first review of applications starting on July 5, 2022.