Join the Missoula Downtown Association
Why Should You Join the MDA?
Everyone who lives and/or works in Missoula benefits from having a beautiful, vital, historic Downtown at the center of our community. A healthy Downtown enhances the economic strength of the community – Downtown defines Missoula. Our members are represented by one single, strong, respected voice that speaks on behalf of all Downtown businesses. The interests of the membership are well represented in a professional and community-oriented manner. The more members we have, the stronger our voice. Membership is not bound by borders as businesses and individuals throughout Missoula recognize and understand the value of a thriving, vibrant Downtown.
Attend or Host
Monthly Membership Socials
- The MDA typically hosts 2 in-person networking events a month, if you have a special project or topic to highlight email [email protected]
Attend members-only events
- Downtown Awards Banquet: Date & Location TBA
- MDA Member BBQ: July 25, 2023 at Caras Park
- Downtown Holiday Party: Date & Location TBA
Join an MDA Committee or volunteer for events
- Committees: Advocacy, Marketing, Membership, and Master Plan
- Event Committees and volunteer opportunities: Winter BrewFest, Garden City BrewFest, Out to Lunch, Downtown ToNight, Member BBQ, River City Roots Fest, Parade of Lights, Festival of Trees
Catch up with the Downtown Lowdown
- Downtown Lowdown: Anyone on your team can receive our weekly emails! Email [email protected] to be included.
Access the MDA Member List or Purchase Mailing Labels for your direct mail promotions
- MDA Member List: includes contact information for all MDA members.
- Mailing Labels: $50, pre-printed mailing labels for all MDA members.
Representation on MissoulaDowntown.com and in the printed Guide to Downtown Missoula
- Review your listing online and send any updated information to [email protected].
- New Guides can be brought to your office or business-contact the MDA for more information!
Offer a special discount or promotion for other MDA Members
- Member-to-Member benefits are a great way to get other members in your store or business!
Participate in the Downtown Gift Card Program
- Any point-of-sale system that can accept credit cards can redeem Downtown Gift Cards!
Join us on Social Media!
- Follow Missoula Downtown to stay tuned in on Downtown happenings.
- Join the MDA Member Group and share things happening at your business or organization with other members.
Host your next event at Caras Park
- Members receive a $100 discount on Caras Park rentals – great for fundraisers, member picnics, and employee parties.
For more information about additional membership benefits or about the benefits listed above, please contact Membership & Events Director Hanna Reese at [email protected] or call (406) 543-4238.
Want to Host a Member Social?
The MDA Member Luncheons and Downtown on Taps and Business Empowerment Series are a great way to spotlight your business or organization, or present on a topic that is relevant to Missoulians and businesses. We encourage you to take this opportunity to host one of these networking events. The Luncheons take place the third Tuesday of each month from 12pm-1pm and the Downtown on Taps take place the last Tuesday of each month from 5pm to 7pm. Click here to find out “How To Host” a Member Luncheon or a Downtown on Tap.
MDA’s monthly luncheons are held at a different member business the third Tuesday of every month from 12pm to 1 pm. Luncheons provide networking and promotional opportunities and feature informative speakers on topics affecting Downtown business and the community.
- Membership Luncheon: Third Tuesday of the month from 12pm – 1pm; $15-20 to attend.
Downtown on Tap
Downtown On Tap is an after-hours social event from 5-7 pm on the last Tuesday of every month. Held at a different member business every month, Downtown On Tap is a great opportunity to socialize, network and showcase your business.
- Downtown on Tap: Last Tuesday of the month from 5 – 7pm; free to attend. Host organizes snacks and beverages.
Business Empowerment Series
The Empowerment Series was created with you in mind. We will co-host trainings with other prominent Missoula businesses to address the needs of small businesses and provide valuable professional development to members.
We gear topics towards YOU and your needs as a small business owner, manager, employee. Join us at an upcoming training soon.
Every summer the MDA hosts this fun event at Caras Park. Members are encouraged to bring the entire family for socializing and down-home cooking by our members!
The Christmas Party is MDA’s holiday social event where hundreds of members come together to mingle and partake in the holiday spirits.