Why Should You Join the MDA?
Everyone who lives and/or works in Missoula benefits from having a beautiful, vital, historic Downtown at the center of our community. A healthy Downtown enhances the economic strength of the community – Downtown defines Missoula. Our members are represented by one single, strong, respected voice that speaks on behalf of all Downtown businesses. The interests of the membership are well represented in a professional and community-oriented manner. The more members we have, the stronger our voice. Membership is not bound by borders as businesses and individuals throughout Missoula recognize and understand the value of a thriving, vibrant Downtown.
(Every month with the exception of January, July, & December)
- Membership Luncheon: Second Tuesday of the month from 11:30am – 1pm; $13 to attend. Host organizes lunch and programming.
- Downtown on Tap: Last Tuesday of the month from 5 – 7pm; free to attend. Host organizes snacks and beverages; $125 hosting fee.
Attend members-only events
- Downtown Awards Banquet: Wednesday, January 25, 2017 at the Holiday Inn Downtown.
- MDA Member BBQ: Tuesday, July 18, 2017 at Caras Park
- Downtown Holiday Party: Date & Location TBA
Join an MDA Committee or volunteer for events
Catch up with Downtown happenings with the Downtown Lowdown and weekly e-communications
Purchase the MDA Member List or Mailing Labels for your direct mail promotions
- MDA Member List: $50, includes contact information for all MDA members.
- Mailing Labels: $50, pre-printed mailing labels for all MDA members.
Representation on MissoulaDowntown.com and in the printed Guide to Downtown Missoula
Offer a special discount or promotion for other MDA Members
- Member-to-Member benefits are a great way to get other members in your store or business!
Participate in the Downtown Gift Card Program
- Any point-of-sale system that can accept credit cards can redeem Downtown Gift Cards!
Join us on Social Media!
- Follow Missoula Downtown to stay tuned in on Downtown happenings.
- Join the private MDA Member Group and share things happening at your business or organization with other members.
- Members receive a $100 discount on Caras Park rentals – great for fundraisers, member picnics, and employee parties.
For more information about additional membership benefits or about the benefits listed above, please contact Membership & Events Director Chelsee Kucera at [email protected] or call (406) 543-4238.
Want to Host a Member Social?
The MDA Member Luncheons and Downtown on Taps are a great way to spotlight your business or organization. We encourage you to take this opportunity to host one of these networking events. The Luncheons take place the second Tuesday of each month from 11:30am-1pm and the Downtown on Taps take place the last Tuesday of each month from 5pm to 7pm. Call or email April Sommers at 543-4238 or for more information or to sign up to host. The MDA provides assistance with catering and event details. Please note that due to the MDA Annual Awards Banquet taking place January 31 at the Missoula College there will not be a Luncheon or an Downtown on Taps in January. Click here to find out “How To Host” a Member Luncheon or a Downtown on Tap.
MDA’s monthly luncheons are held at a different member business the second Tuesday of every month from 11:30 am to 1 pm. Luncheons provide networking and promotional opportunities and feature informative speakers on topics affecting Downtown business and the community.
Downtown on Tap
Downtown On Tap is an after-hours social event from 5-7 pm on the last Tuesday of every month. Held at a different member business every month, Downtown On Tap is a great opportunity to socialize, network and showcase your business.
Every summer the MDA hosts this fun event at Caras Park. Members are encouraged to bring the entire family for socializing and down-home cooking by our members!
The Christmas Party is MDA’s holiday social event where hundreds of members come together to mingle and partake in the holiday spirits.