It’s lunch time! Put down your work and leave the confines of your office. Take the kiddos on an outing. Show off your town to guests and clients. If you are new to town, explore Downtown Missoula. Come to Caras Park for terrific food, live music every Wednesday June through the end of August from 11am to 2pm. Out to Lunch offers the very best in mobile food service with a wide variety of delicious options and top-notch Montana and regional bands.
No pets allowed under pavilion during event due to health code regulations. Dogs can enjoy the grassy areas of the park on a leash!
Interested in volunteering? We’d love the help & you can sign-up here.
Caras Cash makes the perfect gift for friends, family and employees. This fun money is good for food and beverages during Out To Lunch and Downtown ToNight. Purchase Caras Cash at the DMP office located at 218 E. Main Street, at the MDA table at Out to Lunch or Downtown ToNight or by filling out the form linked above and sending it to the DMP office.
2020 Out to Lunch Sponsors
In addition to Mountain Broadcasting, we’d like to thank all of our supporters who contribute to Out to Lunch!
The 2020 Out to Lunch Sponsors:
July 1: Republic Services
July 8: First Interstate Bank
July 15: A + E Design
July 22: AAA
August 5: DCI Engineering
August 12: PayneWest Insurance
August 26: Opportunity Resources
Interested in joining us and becoming a sponsor during Out to Lunch? We’d love to have you. More information can be found here.
The 2020 Out to Lunch performers!
The 2020 Out to Lunch Performers are listed below:
June 17: Full Grown Band
- The Full Grown Band is a 7-piece horn-driven R&B band. They stand in the glorious tradition of Missoula R&B dance/bar bands that stretches back at least as far as the early ‘70s.
June 24: Ed Norton Big Band
- The Ed Norton Big Band is a 17-piece group specializing in classic American swing music. The band plays out of Missoula.
July 1: Zeppo Blues
- Zeppo Blues is a horn driven rhythm and blues band from Missoula. Experience road house blues, southern blues, Motown soul, instrumentals, and smooth vocals.
July 8: The Timber Rattlers
- The Timber Rattlers are an energetic bluegrass quartet. They pull inspiration from traditional roots, but continue to push boundaries in the realm of acoustic music. They play lots of boot stomping bluegrass as well as many originals. They are from Stevensville, Montana.
July 15: Western Union
- Western Swing and Classic Country dance music by some of Missoula’s finest country and jazz players.
July 22: Marshall Catch
- Coming from Kalispell, Marshall Catch are a high-energy 5-piece band featuring fiddle, saxaphone, banjo, mandolin, harmonica, and 4-part harmony vocals in addition to the standard drums, guitars, and bass. Marshall Catch plays original music with selective interpretations of covers, uniquely done with a spin all their own.
July 29: Mary Place & Blue Moon
- Mary Place & Blue Moon Band plays blues, funk and Latin jazz along with a few recognizable soft rock standards. Their music is mixture of original tunes as well as classic covers. The band plays out of Missoula.
August 5: Crazy Dog
- The local Missoula band consist of a bass player, percussion, lapsteel, guitar and keyboard. Everyone does vocals. They do mostly folk rock with some originals.
August 12: Salsa Loca
- Salsa Loca specializes in the irresistible rhythms of Cuba and Latin America- bolero, cha-cha, mambo, samba, and beyond. Salsa Loca originates from Missoula.
August 19: Moneypenny
- Four piece Blues/Rock band from Missoula, MT. Moneypenny is powerful guitar driven Blues that makes you want to get up and boogie down! They play originals as well as some the most influential Blues and Rock and Soul of all time.
August 26: Big Sky Mudflaps
- From Missoula, the Big Sky Mudflaps play lively blend of rhythm and blues, jazz and swing.
Interested in Out to Lunch? Click here to submit your information.
2020 Out to Lunch Children’s Activities!
Along with live music and great food, Out to Lunch will have free children’s activities each week provided by local organizations! The organizations sponsoring each week are listed below.
The 2020 Out to Lunch Children’s Activities:
June 17: Mismo
June 24: Habitat for Humanity
July 1: Missoula Public Library
July 15: Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
August 5: CASA
August 12: Historical Museum at Fort Missoula
August 19: Families First Learning Lab
August 26: Travelers’ Rest
The 2020 Out to Lunch Vendors!
The 2020 Out to Lunch Vendors are listed below:
In coordination with Missoula’s Zero to Fifty Initiative, we are happy to say all items served at Out to Lunch will be compostable! We can’t get to zero waste without recycling, composting and more! Click for more info on Missoula Compost Collection or Zero by Fifty Missoula.
Please be mindful of the items you use while in Caras Park.
Unable to commit to the full summer, but would like to be added to Guest Vendor list? Submit application(s) & payment(s) to:
Missoula Downtown Association
218 East Main, Suite C
Missoula, MT 59802
Park and ride our trolley for a Zero-Fare and zero-parking-hassle lunch break. The first trolley leaves Splash Montana at 10:45 am. The last trolley leaves Caras Park at 1:45 pm. View full map and schedule here.