Each year, small businesses band together to promote the importance of shedding the big box stores and supporting locally owned, small businesses the day following Black Friday. Known as Small Business Saturday (SBS), this shopping holiday has created a large following all across the country. Since 2016, it is estimated that shoppers supported small businesses by spending over $15.4 BILLION during SBS. It is a trend that is spreading across the country….come out and support your community by Shopping Small during Small Business Saturday.
Small Business and Small Business Saturday Statistics:
- Small businesses have created over 8 million jobs since 1990.
- Small businesses donate 250% more than larger businesses to non-profits and community causes (Source: Seattle Good Business Network).
- If you spend $100 at a local business, roughly $68 stays in your local economy. If you spend the same are a large business, only $43 stays in the local economy (Source: Civic Economics Study in Grand Rapids, Michigan).
- Small Business Saturday became officially recognized by the U.S. Government in 2011.
- In 2017, registered Small Business Saturday Neighborhood Champions reached 7,200 throughout the country who rallied support for their local small businesses.
- An estimated 108 million consumers reported shopping or dining in 2017 at local independently-owned businesses on Small Business Saturday — generating roughly $12 billion in reported spend (2017 Small Business Saturday Consumer Insights Survey).
- An NFIB survey found that 55% of US consumers are aware of Small Business Saturday, and a whopping 83% say it inspires them to shop small throughout the year, too (Small Business Saturday Consumer Insights Survey).
Downtown Missoula Shop Small Headquarters
Saturday, November 24 | 10:00am – 3:00pm
Location: MSO Hub (140 N. Higgins Ave.)
FREE Hot Cocoa, Shop Small Goodies, & a list of Downtown Small Business Saturday Sales & Deals….
Where can you go to get the best deals?? See the list below and check back often for updates!
- Artists Shop – 127 N. Higgins – Look for specials throughout the store.
- Bathing Beauties Beads – 501 S. Higgins – Weekend flash sale! 25% off all regular priced merchandise all weekend! Friday (10am-1pm): 50% off Gemstone Strands, (1-4pm): 50% off Jewelry. Saturday (10am-1pm): 50% Loose Beads, (1-4pm): 50% off Seed Bead Hanks, Sunday (11am-2pm): 50% African & Glass Strands.
- Berkshire Hathaway – 314 N. Higgins – Will be offering hot cocoa & coffee.
- Betty’s Divine – 509 S. Higgins – Celebrate small businesses, especially one’s with shop cats! From 12-2pm, Betty’s resident seamstress will be on-hand to put a Jethro patch on any one item you bring in! Clothing, beanies, backpacks…you buy the patch, we put it on, fo’ free! Meow.
- Board of Missoula – 618 S Higgins – Storewide sale 10-60% with special gift with purchase options.
- Bridge Pizza – 600 S. Higgins – Visit for details.
- Cedar Creek Salon & Day Spa – 110 Carousel – Offering 20% off all retail.
- The Clay Studio of Missoula – 1106 Hawthorne – Be sure to stop by the Clay Studio of Missoula on Small Business Saturday from 11am-3pm. Our gallery will be open special hours that day, where visitors can see the exhibit The Teapot Show III, featuring works by the Pattee Canyon Ladies’ Salon and teapots and tea related wares created by over twenty emerging and established ceramic artists. Guests can also browse and purchase works from our sales gallery. Gift certificates will be available for purchase.
If you are looking for a fun non-shopping activity to do with a friend or family member on November 24 , be sure to register for our Family Workshop that will take place in our classroom that day from 11am-2pm. All ages are welcome, and we do recommend pre-registering, as space will be limited! A fee of $35 covers a party of two (at least one must be an adult or older teen), and additional participants are $15 pp. Register by calling 406-543-0509 or email us at [email protected]
- Cloth & Crown – 329 N. Higgins – Visit for details.
- Clyde Coffee – 610 S. Higgins – $1 Drip Coffee.
- Collective Elevation – 211 W. Broadway – Visit for details.
- Conflux Brewing Co. – 200 E. Main – 20% off all merchandise, all day beer specials, buy $100 gift card, get a $10 gift card for free, buy a $50 gift card, get a free beer.
- Copperopolis – 132 N. Higgins – Offering 30% off storewide for shoppers.
- The Crystal Limit – 119 S. Higgins – Storewide sale of 25%-50% off everything. Purchases over $100 will receive a FREE gift worth over $30.00.
- Dana Gallery – 246 N. Higgins – Offering refreshments & treats.
- The Dram Shop – 229 E. Front – Spend $10 or more on merchandise and get a free drink (non-premium/$5 or less).
- Engel & Völkers Western Frontier – 321 N. Higgins – Offering hot coffee, cocoa, cider and gift wapping! Donations are encouraged and will benefit Special Olympics Montana Five Valleys Area!
- Fact & Fiction – 220 N. Higgins – Free $5 gift card to anyone who spends $100 or more.
- Firefly – 121 S. Higgins – Store closing – everything marked down up to 50% off.
- Five on Black – 325 N. Higgins – Visit for details.
- Frame of Mind – 1705 Brooks – 10% off storewide sale, including selected framed art. Will also have opening reception for the 5th annual Hellgate High School Holiday Art Show.
- The Green Light – 301 N. Higgins – Friday: whole store 15% off, including clearance. Saturday: whole store 20% off.
- Green Source – 617 S. Higgins – Open Saturday 8am-5pm! 20% Off All Gift Cards Purchased in Store, 10% Off Cold Pressed Juice Cleanse Packages, Mix and Match Wellness Packages and Stocking Stuffers.
- Home ReSource – 1515 Wyoming – Buy one can of paint, get the next can free & buy one light fixture, get another 50% off.
- The Import Market – 201 W. Broadway – Offering free reusable shopping bags with all purchases and a free gift with purchase over $30.
- JL+KO – 101 S. Higgins – 25% off entire store (including sale items), plus complimentary gift wrapping. Mimosas, champagne & treats will be served all day Saturday. Hours: 9am-7pm.
- Lake Missoula Tea Co. – 136 E. Broadway – Free tea ball with purchase of our Holiday Made-in-Montana Tea Box, which features a handmade box by Missoula base Niels Carlson Woodworks filled with a selection of our tea. Choose your Holiday Tea Box: Feliz Navidad, High Wide & Handsome, Holiday Black & White or Evening Sweets.
- Laurel Creek Clothing Co. – 117 W. Front – Visit for details.
- La Stella Blu – 612 S. Higgins – Nov. 23-25: 20% off storewide with an additional 10% off all outlet items.
- Liquid Planet – Downtown 223 N. Higgins – Visit for details.
- Logjam Presents – 134 W. Front – Partnering with with a few of Missoula’s favorite businesses for a chance to win prizes.
–The Top Hat: Three-show Logjam Pass that’s good for any three Logjam shows that are not sold out or fully reserved, 2018 KettleHouse Amphitheater Screenprint
-KettleHouse Brewery (all three locations: North, South & Bonner): Two tickets to Jerry Joseph & the Jackmormons at the Top Hat on Dec. 1 & one KettleHouse Growler with a free fill
-Ear Candy Music: Two tickets to Neko Case at The Wilma on Nov. 27 & one Neko Case Hell-On Vinyl
-Board of Missoula: Two tickets to Zion I at the Top Hat on Dec. 10 & One Board of Missoula T-Shirt.
- Missoula Wine Merchants – 311 N. Higgins – Visit for details.
- Meadowsweet Herbs – 180 S. 3rd – Featuring all locally made products at 10% off, plus Meadowsweet Made products at 20% off, do Terra & Dr. Hauschka products are both 20% off.
- The Montana Scene – 101 E. Broadway – Offering 25% off everything! Open at 9am!
- Montgomery Distillery – 129 W. Front – Offering a free drink with the purchase of a bottle.
- Mood Boutique – 208 N. Higgins – 15% off all weekend (not good on previous purchases or gift certificates) complimentary gift wrapping, plus coffee & cookies.
- MSO Hub – 140 N. Higgins – 20% off Griz, Osprey, & Montana merchandise.
- Noteworthy Paper & Press – 219 S. 3rd W. – Offering a discount of 20% off any one item of the customer’s choice (excluding custom).
- The Olive Branch/Jeannette Rankin Peace Center – 519 S. Higgins – 10% off the entire store all day, the first 50 people to make a purchase over $10, get to spin the prize wheel to win a free gift. There is one grand prize on the wheel for a free 1-hour Thai massage to help with any holiday stress from HomBade ($65 value).
- Olive + Iron – 806 W. Spruce – 30% off storewide, plus free gift wrapping.
- One Eleven – 111 N. Higgins – 20% off storewide Friday & Saturday.
- Park Side Credit Union – #ParkSidePays
- Rattlesnake Creek Distillers – 128 W. Alder – Drink specials galore & specials on Gift Packages!
- Radius Gallery – 114 E. Main – Cup of Collaboration: a hand-made mug (made by artists from UM School of Art or Clay Studio of Missoula), a coupon for Clyde Coffee, a coupon for Radius art, and a Downtown Missoula Gift Card.
- Rocky Mountain School of Photography – 216 N. Higgins – Open 9am-1pm. 20% off all RMSP branded merchandise, 10% RMSP gift ceritificates to be used toward classes or merchandise (restrictions apply).
- The Roxy Theater – 718 S. Higgins – 10% off new memberships, renewals – they make great gifts. Online or box office opens at 1:30pm. First new members to sign up in the box office will receive a Montana film festival tote bag.
- Sage Accessories – 259 W. Front, Suite #2 – Offering 30% off. Open from 10am-6pm!
- Shakespeare & Co. – 103 S 3rd St W. – Internet superstar & first-time author Hank Green (who lives in Missoula with his wife and son) joins us in the bookstore for a special Missoula reading & signing of his #1 bestselling debut novel, An Absolutely Remarkable Thing. 4pm.
- Smooch Cosmetic Boutique – 125 E. Main – Receive the Limited Edition bareMinerals Northern Lights Eye & Cheek Palette ($30 value) with your $60 purchase. While supplies last.
- Sorella’s Salon & Day Spa – 207 E. Main – Drawing for “Sorella’s Bucks” $1-$25 to be used toward their purchase that day.
- Sugar Tree Hair Salon – 101 S. Higgins, Suite #12 – $20 Blow outs!
- Upcycled – 517 S. Higgins – Visit for details.
- 4 Ravens Gallery – 248 N. Higgins – Open 10am-8pm. Will have two drawings: one mid-day & one at closing.