Each year, small businesses band together to promote the importance of shedding the big box stores and supporting locally owned, small businesses the day following Black Friday. Known as Small Business Saturday (SBS), this shopping holiday has created a large following all across the country. Since 2016, it is estimated that shoppers supported small businesses by spending over $15.4 BILLION during SBS. It is a trend that is spreading across the country….come out and support your community by Shopping Small during Small Business Saturday.
Small Business and Small Business Saturday Statistics:
- Small businesses have created over 8 million jobs since 1990.
- Small businesses donate 250% more than larger businesses to non-profits and community causes (Source: Seattle Good Business Network).
- If you spend $100 at a local business, roughly $68 stays in your local economy. If you were to spend the same at a large business, only $43 stays in the local economy (Source: Civic Economics Study in Grand Rapids, Michigan).
- Small Business Saturday became officially recognized by the U.S. Government in 2011.
- In 2018, U.S. consumers reported spending a record high of an estimated $17.8 billion at independent retailers and restaurants on Small Business Saturday. Over the years, Small Business Saturday spending has now reached a reported estimate of $103 billion since the day began in 2010 — that’s $103 billion over 9 days alone.
- A National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB) survey found that 55% of US consumers are aware of Small Business Saturday, and a whopping 83% say it inspires them to shop small throughout the year, too (Small Business Saturday Consumer Insights Survey).
Downtown Missoula Shop Small Headquarters
Saturday, November 30 | 10:00am – 2:00pm
Location: MSO Hub (140 N. Higgins Ave.)
FREE Hot Cocoa, Shop Small Goodies, & a list of Downtown Small Business Saturday Sales & Deals….
Where can you go to get the best deals?? Check back often for updates!
- The Artists Shop (127 N Higgins Ave): Support local art! Look for various specials from member artists.
- Bathing Beauties Beads (501 S Higgins Ave): Friday through Sunday all regular priced merchandise will be 25% off AND they will have one hour flash sales of up to 50% off different departments (ex: strands, handmade jewelry etc)
- Bayern Brewing, Inc. (1507 Montana St): Promotion TBD
- Betty’s Divine (509 S Higgins Ave): Promotion TBD.
- Cedar Creek Salon and Day Spa (110 Carousel Dr): Will be giving away travel size mini products to the first 50 customers with purchase as well as 20% Off all retail (excludes gift cards).
- Cloth & Crown (329 N Higgins): Open 9am-6pm on Saturday. 50% off all AG jeans, along with a coffee bar & snacks! Also, free gift with every purchase (while supplies last).
- The Dram Shop (229 E Front St): free non-premium beverage with a merchandise purchase of $25 or more.
- Engel & Völkers Western Frontier (321 N Higgins Ave): Stop by to find special deals in store
- Frame of Mind (1706 Brooks St): 10% off custom framing sale, 10-60% off ready-made and photo frames, and 10% off christmas merchandise.
- Habitat for Humanity of Missoula (3655 MT-200 E): 25% off of everything in store that day with the exception of paint & rugs.
- Hometana (312 N Higgins Ave): Open until 8pm. 20% of all (day of) sales will be donated to Missoula Downtown Foundation and the Missoula Food Bank.
- Green Source (617 S Higgins Ave Ste A): Offering 10% off all Gift Cards sold IN STORE on Small Business Saturday. Will also be offering a 5% discount to any customers presenting a SAME DAY RECEIPT for any other hip strip business on that day!
- Imagination Station of Missoula (227 N Higgins Ave): “Punch-Board” with 10-50% off entire purchase for the first 50 customers, giftcard giveaway drawings, and 10% off anything purchased for our Toys For Toys box.
- Import Market (201 W Broadway St): Holding a pop up sale on the 3rd floor.
- The Jeannette Rankin Peace Center and Olive Branch Fair Trade Store (519 S Higgins): 25% any item & a spin of the Prize Wheel with every purchase.
- JL+KO (101 S Higgins): 20% off the entire store, free gift wrapping (plus $5 flat rate to ship gifts), Mimosa bar & gift with purchase.
- Kind Apparel (211 North Higgins Ave, Suite 302): Sale of up to 60% off select merchandise and new fall 2019 product releases. Also, the first 25 people in the studio on November 30th will receive $10 off their purchase of $50 or more (valid on November 30th only). They will have a selection of fall beverages and snacks for their guests.
- Kindred skin + sole (115 W Front St): $10 gift card towards a future purchase if you spend $50 or more and a $20 gift card towards a future purchase when you spend $100 or more.
- Lake Missoula Tea Company (136 E Broadway St): Giving away a sample of Rice Pudding or Holiday Grey tea with any purchase of loose leaf tea.
- Meadowsweet Herbs (180 S 3rd St W): 10% customer appreciation discount storewide, with featured herbal products and art made locally in Missoula and throughout Montana. We’ll be serving some tea and snacks.
- The Missoulian Angler Fly Shop (802 S Higgins): 50% off flies, 50% off all Simms Sportswear clothing, 50% off all Simms Wading Shoes, 30% off everything else in store.
- Mood Boutique (208 N Higgins Ave): 15% off store wide (thru Dec 1st) + Free gift w/purchase when you spend over $100 (while supplies last) + complimentary gift wrapping, coffee & cookies.
- Noteworthy Paper & Press (219 S 3rd St W): Join Noteworthy Paper & Press for Small Business Saturday, Nov. 30th, from 10 until 6pm. Stop in for cocoa and snacks. All holiday merchandise will be 15% off! Come in early, between 10 and 2pm, to print your own FREE letterpress art print!
- Olive + Iron (108 N Higgins Ave): 20% off storewide + free gift wrapping.
- One Eleven (111 N Higgins Ave): 20% off storewide.
- Puffin Glass Studios (109 W Main St suite B): Up to 25% Off sale on glass and special deals store-wide.
- Rhapsody Montana (109 W. Main St, Ste. C): Handmade Aromatic Lavender Bath Salts will be given out with each purchase. Limited one per customer.
- The Roxy Theater (718 S Higgins Ave): offering 10% off memberships and 5-punch passes will be on sale for $30. Saturday only.
- The Runners Edge (304 N Higgins Ave): Spend $100 and get lunch on us at Five on Black. Will have a Christmas tree in a hidden location with bulbs that have prizes and discounts. All bulbs are a winner.
- The Montana Scene (170 E Front St): from 8am-9am store-wide discount of 35%, from 9am-10am store-wide discount of 30%, and for the rest of the day store-wide discount of 25%.
- Skin Chic (130 E Front St): 10% off plus an extra 10% off for their members.
- Smooch Cosmetic Boutique (125 E Main): 20% off storewide plus a Stella & Dot Trunk Show.
- Sushi Hana Downtown (403 N Higgins Ave): Promotion TBD.
- The Green Light (301 N Higgins Ave): 20% off Store Wide Sale and an additional 50% off already marked down clearance items
- Zootown Arts Community Center (216 W Main St): 15% off in their paint your own pottery studio