The Missoula Downtown Association produces over 30 community events each year aimed at bringing together Missoulians in Caras Park and in the streets of Downtown. There are many opportunities to be involved whether it be as a supporting sponsor, as a local food vendor, a local band, or an organization providing children’s activities at various events.
If you have any questions regarding being involved in MDA events, call 406.543.4238 or email [email protected].
The Missoula Downtown Association produces over 30 public events every year, connecting more than 250,000 people to the heart of Downtown Missoula. Showcase your business to the Missoula community by supporting these quality events.
The Importance of Sponsoring MDA Events
- Building the Economy: MDA’s community events bring more than 250,000 people to the heart of Missoula who spend time and money in our city center.
- Access for All: MDA believes folks of all socioeconomic backgrounds should have access to quality community events free of charge – all MDA events are open to the public with no admission fee. Support from local businesses help keep events free for all.
- Business Exposure: Sponsorship of MDA events gives you direct contact with thousands of attendees. This exposure allows you to have ‘top-of-mind’ awareness when individuals think and talk about businesses in Missoula.
- Business Reflection: Supporting MDA events reflects positively on you and your business – potential customers associate your business with community events that benefit everyone.
- Supporting What You Love about Downtown: Revenues generated from MDA events help fund non-revenue generating programs. Examples include flower baskets, holiday decor, Downtown Gift Cards, marketing, advocacy, and more.
- Missoula’s Sense of Place: MDA community events contribute significantly to our sense of place. They help form our community character and create a place folks want to live, work, and play in.
- Keeping it Local: Your sponsorship dollars keep money circulating in our local economy. Sometimes that one dollar can circulate up to seven times when spent with a local business or non-profit organization.
- Support the MDA: Your support of these events contributes significantly to the MDA’s mission to “promote, support, and enhance the vitality of Downtown Missoula for the betterment of our community.”
Interested in being a FOOD VENDOR at Out to Lunch, Downtown ToNight, Winter BrewFest, Garden City BrewFest, or River City Roots Festival? Applications are now available and are due March 1, 2019.2019 Vendor Application
Interested in Out to Lunch and Downtown ToNight but can’t commit to the whole 13 weeks of either or both programs? Apply to be a guest vendor and fill in when a primary vendor is unable to attend.2019 Guest Vendor Application
Interested in being a bar service provider for Downtown ToNight? Please see the Request for Proposal ~~~~~~> Missoula DTTN Bar Service RFP
Attention BANDS! Are you interested in playing at either Out to Lunch and/or Downtown ToNight?
Each summer, thousands of people come through Caras Park in the Heart of Downtown Missoula, Montana on Wednesdays at lunchtime and/or on Thursday evenings to enjoy two of the longest standing traditions in Downtown Missoula – Out to Lunch and Downtown ToNight. As part of this tradition we hire both local and out-of-area talent to provide music throughout each event.
We are looking for dynamic bands who are family friendly, fun, energetic, and will truly add to the atmosphere of our events. Please note that we are not looking for individual solo artists or individual instrument players. Bands must be able to play for three hours (three, 50-minute sets).
Band applications are now available HERE. The deadline for submitting an application is March 1, 2019.
River City Roots Festival is a showcase of high-end visual arts. More than 30 artists from the Pacific Northwest participate in the Fine Art Show featuring painting, photography, pottery, sculpture, jewelry, textile arts and wood – all front and center on Main Street both days of the festival. This component of Roots Fest creates an all-around experience for those who appreciate fine art both visually and musically.
This year the Roots Fest Art Show is looking to feature not only traditional, “fine” art – such as paintings, pottery, and photography – but also feature more “alternative” means of art that is seen at the wildly popular Missoula MADE Fairs. While Missoula’s “Roots” have a base in fine art, we are seeing more and more that alternative forms of art are also just as important to Missoula’s spirit. As such, we hope to have a mix of “traditional” and “non-traditional” artists showcased at this year’s River City Roots Festival.
Artists must commit to being present both days. All applications must be submitted by Friday, April 12, 2019. Please note that submission does not guarantee selection as space is limited.
Interested in being an artist at the 2019 River City Roots Festival? Applications are now available HERE.
Interested in providing a Children’s Activity for Out to Lunch or Downtown ToNight? Contact April Sommers at [email protected]