Each year, small businesses band together to promote the importance of shedding the big box stores and supporting locally owned, small businesses the day following Black Friday. Known as Small Business Saturday (SBS), this shopping holiday has created a large following all across the country. In 2016, it is estimated that shoppers supported small businesses by spending $15.4 BILLION during SBS. It is a trend that is spreading across the country….come out and support your community by Shopping Small during Small Business Saturday.
Some Small Business and Small Business Saturday Statistics:
- Small businesses have created 8 million jobs since 1990
- Small businesses donate 250% more than larger businesses to non-profits and community causes (Source: Seattle Good Business Network).
- If you spend $100 at a local business, roughly $68 stays in your local economy. If you spend the same are a large business, only $43 stays in the local economy (Source: Civic Economics Study in Grand Rapids, Michigan).
- Small Business Saturday became officially recognized by the U.S. Government in 2011
- Registered Small Business Saturday Neighborhood Champions reached 4,100 throughout the country (a 48% increase over the previous year) who rallied support for their local small businesses.
- An NFIB survey found that 55% of US consumers are aware of Small Business Saturday, and a whopping 83% say it inspires them to shop small throughout the year, too (Source: Small Business Saturday Consumer Insights Survey).
Downtown Missoula Shop Small Headquarters
Saturday, November 25 | 10:00am – 3:00pm
Location: MSO Hub (140 N. Higgins Ave.)
FREE Hot Cocoa, Shop Small Goodies, &
List of Downtown Small Business Saturday Sales & Deals….COMING SOON!