Missoula, MT 59804
Caras Nursery’s partnership with “the Garden City” goes back over 100 years. In 1896, The Missoula Nursery was established in our current location in Orchard Homes. James K. Caras, a Greek immigrant, later purchased the nursery in 1920 and integrated it into his existing downtown business, Garden City Floral. His sons came into the business following World War II: George ran the floral shop and James S. ran the nursery. After splitting up in the 1960s, James S. eponymously re-named the nursery and set about expanding operations and growing landscaping into a major portion of the business. James S.’s son Bill came on board in 1977. The years under Bill’s ownership have seen a tremendous amount of building expansion and land improvements to make Caras the unparalleled destination it is today. Caras Nursery is part of the fabric of Missoula and through Bill’s leadership we remain heavily involved in the community. The Missoula City Council honored James K. Caras (and really all immigrants) who helped build Missoula by naming the main downtown park “Caras Park”. This legacy inspires us as we look ahead to the next 100 years.